TRAINING CENTER & SCHOOL
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
Training wing of the institution is headed by DIG (TRG) ,Chief Instructor. He is assisted by Comdt STS, Comdt BTC, 2IC (Trg) and Procurement Officer in planning, preparation & conduct of Trg as well as procurement of various training stores and creation of training facilities/infrastructure .It is further divided in two parts namely Specialist Training School(STS) and Basic Training centre (BTC)in accordance with the type of training being imparted.
SPECIALIST TRAINING SCHOOL
2. Specialist Training School (STS) has been an integral part of TC&S BSF since its inception. Lt Col Gurbaksh Singh was the first Commandant of STS. Initially, the school was designed to conduct in-service courses and train selected Force personnel in specialized subjects of Support Weapons, Field Engineering, Physical Training and Jungle Warfare. However, over the years the role has expended to include tactical training for Subordinate Officers of the force and trainees from friendly foreign countries. The School has also been interested the responsibility to conduct training for pertaining to Bomb Disposal and Commando.
ROLL OF HONOUR
3. Following officers have commanded the wing:-
IN-SERVICE COURSES CONDUCTED IN STS
4. The STS is organized in various groups as under. Each group is responsible for conduct of the courses mentioned therein:-
(a) SUPPORT WPN GROUP
It consists of two separate faculties of 81 mm Mortar and 7.62 mm Medium Machine Gun (MMG).
81mm MORTAR FIRING IN PROGRESS 7.62 mm MMG IN ACTION
(b)COMBAT ENGINEERING GROUP(CEG)
(c)COUNTER INSURGENCY & COMMANDO GROUP
(d)PHYSICAL TRAINING GROUP
(e) TACTICAL GROUP
Training Centre & School BSF was given additional responsibilities to conduct Tactical courses for Platoon Comdrs and Coy Comdrs in 2002.
TRAINING OF FOREIGN NATIONALS
5. TC&S BSF has also been entrusted with the responsibility of training personnel from friendly foreign countries in various courses since 1976.The Institution has trained these personnel in Physical Training counter insurgency and commando, Field Engineering ,Bomb Disposal and Tactical course courses. Following foreign trainees have so far been trained in the institution:-
BASIC TRAINING CENTRE
6. BTC was raised on 18th June 1967 at Hazaribag town as an integral part of TC&S. Lt Col M M Grewal was the first Commandant of BTC. 22,765 personnel of BSF and 2833 personnel of various Police organizations like CISF, IR Bn, State Armed Police, CISF, etc have been imparted their basic training by the BTC since its inception. In addition to this, BTC has trained technical personnel, Ministerial Staff and Class-IV Staff of BSF as well. The aim of the Recruit Training is to turn out a confident, disciplined and a self-reliant Constable who is physically fit and mentally robust so as to become an effective Seema Prahari.
ROLL OF HONOUR
7. Following officers have commanded BTC since its inception:-
8. The following recruits of various CPOs/SPOs & other organizations have been trained by BTC BSF Hazaribagh : -
(a) CISF = 1333
(b) Mizoram Police = 550
(c) Bihar Military Police = 594
(d) Army Sikh Regt = 90
(e) I R Battalion = 37
(f) Jharkhand Police = 229
Total = 2833
9. In addition to basic training of recruits, BTC is also
conducting following courses on need basis: -
(a) PPC List ‘D’ for eligible HCs
(b) Section Leader Course for eligible Constables.
(c) Map Reading Standard -II
(d) Basic training of SI(LDCE)
(e) Basic training of SI (DE)